Five Years of The Bank, Nearly Two Decades of Bandhan
- Bandhan started as a society that stood for financial inclusion and women empowerment through sustainable livelihood creation.
- Started microfinance operations in rural Bengal.
- Bandhan acquired an NBFC and established Bandhan Financial Services Private Limited – keeping the core objective of financial inclusion intact.
- The microfinance portfolio was transferred from society to NBFC.
- Bandhan became the largest microfinance institution (MFI) in the country.
- Bandhan Bank started operations as a universal bank on August 23.
- It became the first microfinance company in India to get a universal banking licence.
- On the day of the launch, the Bank started with 2,523 banking outlets.
- On the day of listing itself, Bandhan Bank emerged as the 8th most valued bank on the basis of market capitalisation.
- Bandhan Bank acquired the stake of HDFC Limited in GRUH Finance, one of India’s foremost affordable housing finance companies.
- The Bank set up its 1,000th bank branch and 4,000th banking outlet.